Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Love of Siam




I'd been hesitated to watch and do review of this film for quite a while now. There's few reason behind it, but I won't write in detail. Ok first thing first, I stumble upon this film while browse through Thailand film festival site early this year(it may sound very wierd...but yes, its a habit for me to do so just to find quality film). After doing some additional research on the film back ground, I decide to give it a try.

So I downloaded the film(I doubt Malaysia gonna allow it to be screen here...), and I brace myself knowing that this film gonna hit me really hard. And it does. Its embarassing but yeah...I cry. A LOT. Its not because the film was sad, ok...its kinda sad and it had some melancholy moment, but because of what the character experience, what he longing for, what he feel toward the other person, the loneliness of being alone and not being love, putting some hope that the person he love can return back the love to him. Its also show the value of irreplacable childhood friend. I've experience it and had suffer for the passed years...thats why I cry. I'm not trying to be sissy boy here(use to be called during school), but I've thing for "childhood friend" and its "relationship".

About the acting, in my opinion Pitch potrayed Mew extremely well. I put my concentration more on his facial expression just to see how well he expressed it. Well he done very good job there. When he was happy, his face really is happy and honest, when sad...you can feel the pain, and when he cry...its heart breaking. As for Mario, he done his part equally great. Kanya potray as Ying is my favorite leading supporting actress. But overall, it was Pitch that touched me most...and he can sing and play piano brilliantly. Ohh..I must agree to what people had said that Mario and Pitch had a every good chemistry in this film.

I give this film overall rating 4.8/5

p.s: ok...I feels like crying whenever recall back certain scene in the film...*sob*

...

Shuun

No comments: